Depending on what kind of rice you have you will need different amount of water, usually it is a 1:1.5 ratio where 1 rice and 1.5 water.
1. Wash rice to get rid of excess starch
2. Rice and water ratio should be 1:1.5 unless otherwise stated
3. Bring the rice to boil, uncovered, at medium heat
4. When boiling, turn the heat down to medium low.
5. Place the lid on the pot leaving a gap for steam to escape
6. when you see craters in your rice, close the gap
7. Turn heat to low, simmer for 15 minutes