1. You have to wash your hair and towel dry, it is necessary that your hair is a little wet so the gel does not dry up before you can style it.
2. Choose the right gel, there are thousands of different types of gels in the market today, but which is the right one? you have to consider your hair style, for example a light gel will give you the messy look, and strong gel will get your hair to hold how ever you want it to stay.
3. Apply the correct amount, you must apply a dime at a time on the palm of your hand and rub them together to allow it to spread evenly, if you put it on your fingers or just ONE finger, you will get uneven clunks of hair.
4. Applying Gel, you should apply the gel as if it were shampoo, make sure its even and then style once all your hair is covered.
5. Blow-dry, is optional, but if your hair is too damp or you just want it to stay how you have it, give it a quick blow. If you want your hair to shine, let it dry naturally.